• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Guide! How to return to stock if you have flashed Tmobile Odin Tar's

dulal18

Android Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2011
After hours of searching and stuff, finally found this and after messing around finally got odin to flash the stock metropcs Tar, that the gentleman over Xda posted. So all credit goes to this poster techguy1214 [Request] Metro PCS Stock ROM - Page 4 - xda-developers

I know there is another thread created, but unfortunately that guide does not work and you will be struck with a AUTH FAIL with Odin, and mobile odin would not even take the file.

Okay first download this big file [Request] Metro PCS Stock ROM - Page 4 - xda-developers

Download Odin 3.07 developers.com/attachdl/54d4aa4d98db94eac24e445e4f037e4b/52421a31/1/1/6/8/4/2/1/Odin307.zip

Extract the odin zip and the big file you have just downloaded somewhere.

The phone has to be completely off. Next put the phone in download mode via holding the power, volume down and home button together.

Open odin and follow this picture and select the files according to the sections, for example first click the pit and select CSB_signed_Fusion3_TMO_0325_V2
Then select the bootloader button and select the BOOTLOADER_M919NUVUAMF2_795095_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Then press the Pda button and select the PLATFORM_M919NUVUAMF2_795095_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Then press the CSC button and select the CSC_TMB_M919NTMBAMF2_795095_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Now make sure the boxes are ticked exactly as shown in this picture. After all this is dones press Start, it will take a little while, but It will be successfully done. Make sure to follow the guide please or it won't work, if it failed follow the guide again and do it again and it will work. I just did it again to verify that it works.
ODIN.jpg

You are not done, one more step or wifi wont work. Now put the phone in download mode again open up odin, select the PDA button, now select the file that begins with modemxxxblahblah but basically it says modem in front of the file name. Select that and click start. Once that's done your phone should be completely stock.

You are not done, one more step or wifi wont work. Now put the phone in download mode again open up odin, select the PDA button, now select the file that begins with modemxxxblahblah but basically it says modem in front of the file name. Select that and click start. Once that's done your phone should be completely stock.[/QUOTE]

How would one flash the modem in Odin?

Upvote 0
You are not done, one more step or wifi wont work. Now put the phone in download mode again open up odin, select the PDA button, now select the file that begins with modemxxxblahblah but basically it says modem in front of the file name. Select that and click start. Once that's done your phone should be completely stock.

How would one flash the modem in Odin?[/QUOTE]

once you flash the tar file the modem will be included also.

Download Here

Upvote 0
Successfully converted SGH-M919 T-mobile to SGH-M919N MetroPCS
I only Flashed PLATFORM and Modem tar files and everything work just fine and no issues for 3 days now and still testing. I will report if I got something.
Flashed recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.2-jfltetmo.tar by odin and then UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip to root.

Thanks for sharing :)

Upvote 0
I flashed T Mobile's 4.3 tar trying to get a 4.3 baseband to flash to Golden Eye 4.4.2, well I tried to Odin back to metro Pcs stock and im getting a fail everytime from odin 3.07
I tried moving to different usb ports, and im using the stock s4 sub cable that came with the phone. and Im stuck. Please help this knox is bullshit i cant even go into settings and change anything. what do I need to do????

Upvote 0
I flashed T Mobile's 4.3 tar trying to get a 4.3 baseband to flash to Golden Eye 4.4.2, well I tried to Odin back to metro Pcs stock and im getting a fail everytime from odin 3.07
I tried moving to different usb ports, and im using the stock s4 sub cable that came with the phone. and Im stuck. Please help this knox is bullshit i cant even go into settings and change anything. what do I need to do????

flash the stock 4.3 ShabbyPenguin then if you want to root use [ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3 - xda-developers then update binaries and disable knox in supersu. and do what you want from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones