• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] [ROOT] [Moto G Pure] [LiniageOS 20] [OrangeFox] Android 13 and ROOT with Recovery

Astr4y4L

LgPWN'd~ on XDA or TG ~ CEO &Co-Founder A-Team
Recognized Developer
LineageOS 20 Android 13 Custom Rom and OrangeFox

Device: Moto G Pure
CodeName: ellis
Model: XT2163-4
Android Version: 13
Build Type: VANILLA / GAPPS using included flashable
A-Team Version: 0.03
Rom Built By: LgPWNd
Recovery Built By: LgPWNd
Contribution : PizzaG
Testing By : David Cameron

— Custom Rom Installation —
*WILL WIPE DATA*

THIS WAS BUILT AND BASED FROM THE STOCK MOTO FIRMWARE ON LOLLINET
I USED USC BUT SHOULLD BE COMPTABLE WITH ANY MOTO G PURE THAT YOU CAN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON.
the link for exact firmware to flash before this package
and the firmware You flash to go back to stock is right HERE:

LATEST A-TEAM RELEASES FOR ELLIS { Moto G PURE }
#################
This is my extractor tool for the .tar.lrz format download this zip extract it open that folder and put downloaded rom.tar.lrz into it requires renaming the .tar.lrz file " it's all in the read me " that will leave u with a .tar file that most all unzip utilities can handle. 7z winrar file exploreer what ever.
Problems pm me on telegram
####################

THIS is the latest LgPWNd build of LOS for the ellis
If you follow the readme and touch don't work in orangefox its because you have a different touch screen than me and we need to load the right firmware for it,If you get with me on telegram we can probably fix it.
here's LOS20

#########################

ADDITIONALLY
There is a test build that loads different touch screen in orangefox and you might try it if the one in the LOS20 pak doesn't have touch for you.

############################
FINAL NOTES:

So if you have problems with the flasher check that you are using usb 2.0
If you just can't continue instructions in LOS 20 READ_ME_FIRST.txt because of the touchscreen in orangefox then you can use adb and mtp and stuff

to sideload the gapps...

adb shell
twrp sideload

then open other pwrshell or terminal window and do

adb sideload "gapps-package-name.zip"

and score you can still have gapps and magisk and los

DO NOT INSTALL MAGISK.ZIP its already included in orangefox boot.img just install magisk manager apk

—Credits:
LineageOS team for Arrow
John Wu for magisk
A-Team: PizzaG and LgPWNd
Andy Yan
PHH
OrangeFox Team
...and many others i can't begin to name here =]

######################################
#Our delicious Roms and Kits Downloads Main Channel :

#Our Main discussion group where we discuss and test out the latest things A-Team in Real-Time
#This Is where to go if you want help with this or any other A-Team project.

------------------------ WHAT'S THIS ? -----------------
Well Folks This here is Lineage Os 20 android 13 ROM and OrangeFox Recovery With Built-in INCLUDED Magisk
for your Moto G Pure XT2163-4

Magisk root working out of box after flashing this rom following instructions provided
No Need to patch a boot.img or flash magisk zip
=]

OrangeFox Recovery --encryption support broken :(
but if you run un-encrypted backup & restore works
-- { i do this and feel safe because can lock orangefox with a pin code } --

--------------What This Is Not !!! -----------------------
#This is not a place to request more features or other roms or different recovery
#This IS NOT a place to Talk crazy or Lewdly or post inappropriate images
--My children are exposed to the content of my channel because its on all my devices.--
cause me problems and you may find yourself Fed-Banned in telegram and never able to get to the good places again. *mine or some others =]
#This is not a place for troll's if you wanna troll go to XDA ya'll are made for each-other lol !

NOTE : PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE READ ME EXACTLY
if you end up having any problems, please go back and read the Read_Me file again top to bottom and try to follow instructions EXACTLY
If you still have problems take notes of error messages logcat logs and wat eva else you can grab then head over to the telegram discussion group and give me an holler I or one of our friends will be there to help if possible.

EnJoY !?!

LgPWNd
A-Team Digital Solutions

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ocnbrze
Hey i installed this on my moto g pure and now the phone is bricked, not even fastboot works.
Am i screwed?
we need more details. how is it bricked? exactly what happened? why can't you get into fastboot? what happens when you try?nothing? error? bootloops? did you read the readme notes as stated in the op? have you tried communicating with the devs via telegram as suggested by the op?

just remember the more details you give us, the better we can help you?

Upvote 0
we need more details. how is it bricked? exactly what happened? why can't you get into fastboot? what happens when you try?nothing? error? bootloops? did you read the readme notes as stated in the op? have you tried communicating with the devs via telegram as suggested by the op?

just remember the more details you give us, the better we can help you?
Well, what happened is that the phone when getting into fastboot the PC didn't recognized the phone and showed an error in device manager.
And when trying to get into OrangeFox the phone just froze and I had to restart it. Eventually, after restarting the phone like 20 times, magically I was able to get into OrangeFox. My heart almost stopped beating but at the end I managed to flash the stock rom and go back to normal...

By the way, the script is kinda broken and I had to enter every single command manually cuz the CMD was giving me errors like: ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT not set.
Did I do something wrong? I'd like to try to flash again but this times without bricking my phone... Thanks

Upvote 0
Well, what happened is that the phone when getting into fastboot the PC didn't recognized the phone and showed an error in device manager.
And when trying to get into OrangeFox the phone just froze and I had to restart it. Eventually, after restarting the phone like 20 times, magically I was able to get into OrangeFox. My heart almost stopped beating but at the end I managed to flash the stock rom and go back to normal...

By the way, the script is kinda broken and I had to enter every single command manually cuz the CMD was giving me errors like: ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT not set.
Did I do something wrong? I'd like to try to flash again but this times without bricking my phone... Thanks
Okay, Today after changing some command lines on the script i was finally able to make the .BAT work without any problems, and succesfully able to install LOS20, thanks for the help though. If i'll need you again i will ask :D

Upvote 0
Okay, Today after changing some command lines on the script i was finally able to make the .BAT work without any problems, and succesfully able to install LOS20, thanks for the help though. If i'll need you again i will ask :D
Okay, i installed LOS20 and now internet doesn't work...
Apparently when i connect to my Wi-FI it says that i have internet but when i try to search something on google for example it doesn't work and says i don't have an internet connection, Any fix?

Upvote 0
@Astr4y4L I went ahead and flashed the ROM yesterday, and interestingly SMS and cellular data works but phone calls don't. In fact, it didn't even install a phone app (I had to download Kohl from F-droid). Interestingly, before I tweaked the APN settings (I'm on Xfinity Mobile), calls were semifunctional. The phone itself couldn't make or recieve calls, however, when I tried calling it from another device it rang for awhile and went to voicemail as normal. After tweaking APN info, calls went straight to voicemail. SMS and cellular still worked. Am I missing something critical here? I'm starting from scratch today (reflashing the rom, resetting the device, all that good stuff), but what did I do wrong initially? Thanks!

(Also, there isn't by any chance a way to turn off the annoying bootloader unlocked message on startup, is there?)

Upvote 0
It's worth mentioning that I keep seeing "Google has stopped" when waiting for scripts to run on first boot, and the Wizard never disappears.

Edit: Also worth mentioning, albiet probably unrelated, is the fact that it takes multiple tries for the phone to accept a correct PIN. For the first 3 or 4 attempts, it will reject even a correct PIN.

Upvote 0

*WILL WIPE DATA*

I USED USC BUT SHOULLD BE COMPTABLE WITH ANY MOTO G PURE THAT YOU CAN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON.

#################
This is my extractor tool for the .tar.lrz format download this zip extract it open that folder and put downloaded rom.tar.lrz into it requires renaming the .tar.lrz file " it's all in the read me " that will leave u with a .tar file that most all unzip utilities can handle. 7z winrar file exploreer what ever.
####################

If you follow the readme and touch don't work in orangefox its because you have a different touch screen than me and we need to load the right firmware for it,If you get with me on telegram we can probably fix it.
here's LOS20

ADDITIONALLY
There is a test build that loads different touch screen in orangefox and you might try it if the one in the LOS20 pak doesn't have touch for you.

FINAL NOTES:

If you just can't continue instructions in LOS 20 READ_ME_FIRST.txt because of the touchscreen in orangefox then you can use adb and mtp and stuff

to sideload the gapps...

adb shell
twrp sideload

DO NOT INSTALL MAGISK.ZIP its already included in orangefox boot.img just install magisk manager apk

—Credits:
LineageOS team for Arrow
John Wu for magisk
Andy Yan
PHH
OrangeFox Team

#Our Main discussion group where we discuss and test out the latest things A-Team in Real-Time

Well Folks This here is Lineage Os 20 android 13 ROM and OrangeFox Recovery With Built-in INCLUDED Magisk

Magisk root working out of box after flashing this rom following instructions provided
=]

#This is not a place to request more features or other roms or different recovery
--My children are exposed to the content of my channel because its on all my devices.--
cause me problems and you may find yourself Fed-Banned in telegram and never able to get to the good places again. *mine or some others =]
#This is not a place for troll's if you wanna troll go to XDA ya'll are made for each-other lol !

if you end up having any problems, please go back and read the Read_Me file again top to bottom and try to follow instructions EXACTLY
If you still have problems take notes of error messages logcat logs and wat eva else you can grab then head over to the telegram discussion group and give me an holler I or one of our friends will be there to help if possible.

EnJoY !?!

LgPWNd
A-Team Digital Solutions
It seems that the Telegram link isn't working? I've tried over and over again for a few days and it keeps saying that the user doesn't exist.

My question I wanted to ask was this: Can I flash this on a XT2163-2 model? I don't know much about Android custom roms and flashing, and I don't want to brick my device.

Upvote 0

*WILL WIPE DATA*

#################
####################

here's LOS20

ADDITIONALLY

FINAL NOTES:

to sideload the gapps...

adb shell
twrp sideload

—Credits:
LineageOS team for Arrow
John Wu for magisk
Andy Yan
PHH
OrangeFox Team

=]

EnJoY !?!

LgPWNd
A-Team Digital Solutions
Hi Astr4y4L,

I can't connect to Telegram either. I'm trying to extract the Orangefox recovery from the ROM you've uploaded to Mega, which file is it?
I've got the second Orangefox recovery (the one for different touch screens) but I'm trying to extract the Orangefox recovery file from the ROM you've uploaded to Mega, which file is it? I've attached a screenshot of the archive's content.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 0
By the way the ROM doesn't work properly for me, the internet doesn't work and i get an error that i can't communicate to google servers, if you get it working let me know
This method fixed the issue for me:

Connect your phone to the laptop and type these two commands:

adb install -g -t -d ims-mtk-r.apk
adb shell settings put global restricted_networking_mode 0

After doing that, check Internet in Quick Settings. Mobile internet is likely disabled, tap the toggle switch next to it to enable internet access

Upvote 0
FIXES FOR COMMON ISSUES WITH THIS CUSTOM ROM

or HOW DO I WORK THIS THING?

I installed this custom ROM and found it to be stable. But, there are a few small things I had to figure out. I wrote this short Q&A to help people to set up this custom ROM and easily resolve issues they may encounter

"Getting internet working is troublesome and does not work"

Actually, I was able to get internet working in just 3 steps:

1. Connect the phone to the laptop. Make sure you are accessing the directory you extracted the tar image to in a command line

2. Type these commands:

3. In the Quick Settings, tap on Internet, then tap the toggle beside the mobile network to turn on internet access

There are other steps listed in the readme file but the steps I typed were all I needed to get internet working, the additional steps can be followed for troubleshooting if internet is still not working

"There is no phone app"

Just install a phone app of your choice and grant it the permissions it needs. You can install phone apps from APKMirror, F-Droid, Google Play or any other online store or web site you trust

Some examples of phone apps to try are:

The LineageOS Phone App (from apkmirror.com)
This is the official phone app for Lineage OS and should do what is expected

AGContacts (from APKPure)
A feature rich phone app that can do a number of things other apps can not do

Koler (from F-Droid)
Just the basic features but it is light on resources and open source (Needs a separate contacts app installed for adding contacts)

"None of the phone apps I can find have on screen controls for hanging up call when I am in other apps"

This is one workaround:
Install the Heads Up Notifications app, set that app to display notifications for teh phoen app with even the lowest priority notifications displayed, set the display to stay until you dismiss it.

"GApps core files are preinstalled, I do not want that stuff"

Install De-Bloater from F-Droid. Use this app to systemlessly remove these apps (just do a search for Google in the app and choose to disable the stuff that is listed)

Apps that are systemlessly removed are also systemlessly removed from work profiles using this method and you can install MicroG after doing so. If you want the GApps core files back on your phone, you can just disable the magisk module this app creates and reboot

"I want a different version of GApps on this device because (insert reason here)"

You can install Magisk GApps, it seems to work well on this phone

(You may have to rename the file after downloading it, just change the file extension from .bin to .zip)

"Google keeps crashing, sooooo annoying"

Either debloat it, freeze it, update it or disable it. Any of those actions should correct it

"Webview is not working"

In the Developer Options menu in Settings, select Webview Implementation, then tap on Android System Webview to enable it

(If you do not see the Developer Options menu, tap on Build Number in About Phone a few times and you will get a message saying you are now a developer, you can now access Developer Options in Settings >System)

"Updating Magisk crashed my phone! HELP!"

DO NOT use the Direct Install method to update Magisk

Instead, use the Select and Patch a File method (You can find details on how to do that online, the patched version of the file is always saved in Downloads by Magisk)

If your phone is bricked by a Magisk update, you can flash the vanilla boot image file with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and then use the Magisk installation method I just suggested here

"The screen keeps turning on"

This is a common issue in Lineage OS, here is one workaround:

Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock and pick Swipe or a more secure option

"Trust says SELinux is disabled...I'm scared"

You can check SELinux with the following command using Termux:

su -c getenforce

If SELinux is disabled and you are concerned about it, you can install an app called The SELinux Switch. Then, just click on either Permissive or Enforcing to set the SELinux mode. The app can be found here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FIXES FOR COMMON ISSUES WITH THIS CUSTOM ROM

or HOW DO I WORK THIS THING?

I installed this custom ROM and found it to be stable. But, there are a few small things I had to figure out. I wrote this short Q&A to help people to set up this custom ROM and easily resolve issues they may encounter

"Getting internet working is troublesome and does not work"

Actually, I was able to get internet working in just 3 steps:

1. Connect the phone to the laptop. Make sure you are accessing the directory you extracted the tar image to in a command line

2. Type these commands:

3. In the Quick Settings, tap on Internet, then tap the toggle beside the mobile network to turn on internet access

There are other steps listed in the readme file but the steps I typed were all I needed to get internet working, the additional steps can be followed for troubleshooting if internet is still not working

"There is no phone app"

Just install a phone app of your choice and grant it the permissions it needs. You can install phone apps from APKMirror, F-Droid, Google Play or any other online store or web site you trust

Some examples of phone apps to try are:

The LineageOS Phone App (from apkmirror.com)
This is the official phone app for Lineage OS and should do what is expected

AGContacts (from APKPure)
A feature rich phone app that can do a number of things other apps can not do

Koler (from F-Droid)
Just the basic features but it is light on resources and open source (Needs a separate contacts app installed for adding contacts)

"None of the phone apps I can find have on screen controls for hanging up call when I am in other apps"

This is one workaround:
Install the Heads Up Notifications app, set that app to display notifications for teh phoen app with even the lowest priority notifications displayed, set the display to stay until you dismiss it.

"GApps core files are preinstalled, I do not want that stuff"

Install De-Bloater from F-Droid. Use this app to systemlessly remove these apps (just do a search for Google in the app and choose to disable the stuff that is listed)

Apps that are systemlessly removed are also systemlessly removed from work profiles using this method and you can install MicroG after doing so. If you want the GApps core files back on your phone, you can just disable the magisk module this app creates and reboot

"I want a different version of GApps on this device because (insert reason here)"

You can install Magisk GApps, it seems to work well on this phone

(You may have to rename the file after downloading it, just change the file extension from .bin to .zip)

"Google keeps crashing, sooooo annoying"

Either debloat it, freeze it, update it or disable it. Any of those actions should correct it

"Webview is not working"

In the Developer Options menu in Settings, select Webview Implementation, then tap on Android System Webview to enable it

(If you do not see the Developer Options menu, tap on Build Number in About Phone a few times and you will get a message saying you are now a developer, you can now access Developer Options in Settings >System)

"Updating Magisk crashed my phone! HELP!"

DO NOT use the Direct Install method to update Magisk

Instead, use the Select and Patch a File method (You can find details on how to do that online, the patched version of the file is always saved in Downloads by Magisk)

If your phone is bricked by a Magisk update, you can flash the vanilla boot image file with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and then use the Magisk installation method I just suggested here

"The screen keeps turning on"

This is a common issue in Lineage OS, here is one workaround:

Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock and pick Swipe or a more secure option

"Trust says SELinux is disabled...I'm scared"

You can check SELinux with the following command using Termux:

su -c getenforce

If SELinux is disabled and you are concerned about it, you can install an app called The SELinux Switch. Then, just click on either Permissive or Enforcing to set the SELinux mode. The app can be found here:

Hi Stephen,

Did you test the custom recovery on this ROM? (Orangefox)? If you found no issues with it, could you please extract it for me from your phone?
In terminal type:
su
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img

or by ADB:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones