• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Guide] How To Root GC01

eisawi99

Sep 26, 2012
Summerville,SC
Table Of Contents
1. Disclaimer/Terms Of Use
2. Guide
3. Downloads
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Terms Of Use/Disclaimer​

I HAVE NOW TESTED THIS... IT DOES WORK, HOWEVER YOU MAY WANT TO REBOOT TWICE AFTER FLASHING GC01 STOCK KERNEL

By using this guide you agree that I am not responsible for any damages to you, your computer, your phone, or anything else that may be damaged. I am not responsible for anything that happens whatsoever.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guide​

THERE IS NOW AN ODIN INSTALLER FOR GC01 (PRE-ROOTED)

1. Download The GB27 Repack Kernel
  2. Download Superuser.zip
  3. Put Superuser.zip on your SD Card
  4. Connect your phone to your computer in Download Mode
  5. Open ODIN on your PC and select the PDA box
  6. press browse near the PDA slot and navigate to the recovery kernel and press Start
  7. Enter your recovery and select install zip file from sd card
  8. select Superuser.zip
  9. Reboot
  10. Download the GC01 Stock kernel
  11. Flash the GC01 Stock kernel

Downloads​

GB27 Repack Kernel

SuperUser

GC01 Stock Kernel

Pre-Rooted Stock GC01 (No Data)

Pre-Rooted Stock GC01 (Full Restore)

Reactions: wmccombs
I intend to:

A. Wait for a GC01 repack from xda
B. Get Mobile Odin Pro
C. Flash the repack with the EverRoot option enabled
D. Fix the modem as needed

Stock rooted GC01.

Slight problem here you have to root before Mobile Odin Pro will work. It will maintain root but will not be able to flash the kernel with out root in the first place.

Upvote 0
Don't try to flash the GC01 repack kernel while on the FI22 ROM you won't be able to boot the phone to anything but recovery. The JB kernel is not compatible with ICS. You could flash a ROM from the recovery though, and there is a custom recovery flash ROM based on GC01 out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2214107

In order for Mobile Odin to maintain root, it needs to be what is flashing the ROM otherwise it won't work. If you flash through Kies you would loose root and then not be able to use Mobile Odin until you rooted again.

Reactions: t.burninator
Upvote 0
Wait for agat to release his GC01 repack publicly tomorrow, then flash that, reboot into recovery, flash Superuser or SuperSU, reboot back to system and verify you have root, install Mobile Odin then flash back the stock GC01 zImage kernel. You'll have stock + root. ;)

I have mine setup right now where I can reinstall the recovery zImage kernel anytime I need to boot into recovery via Mobile Odin, then all I do is just flash the stock zImage kernel back when done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones