• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Guide) (WIP) Apps safe to remove

firenemesis7

Android Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2012
Melvindale, Michigan
Will add more as i delete and make sure the phone does not soft brick. if you can confirm apps that do not brick phone let me know and i will add to the list...

App Store
Application Manager
Astro
Car Home
Email
Email Widget
Emergency Alert
Gmail
Google Maps
Google Music
Google Search
Google+
Guided Tours
Into Now
Live Wallpaper Picker
Metro Block-it
MetroPcs Easy Wifi
Music Player 2
Music Player 3
MusicFX
My Metro
Photo Frame
Rhapsody
Smartshare
Social+
Sportacular
Streetview
Task Manager
Total Protection
Video Wiz
Voice Dialer
Voice Recorder
Voice Search
Weather
World Clock Widget

Google Movies and or Google Books will both soft brick your phone if uninstalled

All apps that previously bricked this phone when removing can now be removed if you flash this Kernel first. (Flash with 2nd-init recovery or custom recovery)

http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/LG/motion/motion-custom-kernel.zip

I removed the lgsmartworld apk file but its still on my phone. Whats the other apk to get rid of to do away with it? I am almost down to the bare minimum on the phone. Also we should make a complete list of apks with notations on them ie can remove/cant/program/etc. Will make things much easier. If I hadnt aready wiped all I can find I would start a apk list thats fresh. Maybe I can start a list based off what I have left and someone who hasnt removed anything can fill in the rest and we can compile a flawless list.

Upvote 0
I removed the lgsmartworld apk file but its still on my phone. Whats the other apk to get rid of to do away with it? I am almost down to the bare minimum on the phone. Also we should make a complete list of apks with notations on them ie can remove/cant/program/etc. Will make things much easier. If I hadnt aready wiped all I can find I would start a apk list thats fresh. Maybe I can start a list based off what I have left and someone who hasnt removed anything can fill in the rest and we can compile a flawless list.

removed lgsmartworld with titanium backup and it is completely gone

Upvote 0
Hey my man...what is a good app for retarting the 4g? sometimes I fall out and it seems I cant get it back without rebooting...I use to have an app for my esteem for that and cant find it?

Just click ur data on the notification bar. turn it off for about 12 seconds then turn it back on that will try to connect to the tower with best connection

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones