• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

handcent notification delay

DreamScar

Lurker
Jan 7, 2010
Hi folks

I'm sorry if this issue has been asked/resolved already. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. I'm having issues with handcent's notifications delaying. When I get a text, the message will pop up on screen but I won't get the notification vibrate/tone/icon for another 5-10 seconds. This is extremely irritating, especially when I delete the message from the pop-up before the notification and have to go into handcent and delete it again.

I hope someone has experienced similar issues and con help me. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried clearing the app cache and uninstalling/reinsralling to no avail.

Welcome to the forum! :D

I don't have a solution for you. :eek: My guess is that it happens as a side-effect of Android being a multitasking OS, so the sound is queued and clearly delayed unacceptably.

BTW, you're doing yourself a disservice by bumping your thread, because it adds a post to the thread -- and there's a specific search for threads that haven't had any replies yet. Now you know. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones