1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Handcent UpdateSupport

1. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded the update to Handcent and they made it so the contacts picture shows in the chat area, thereby limiting the overall space available for messages. To me, this is not a beneficial update and I want to disable the new feature. Has anyone figured out how to do so yet? I may look into Chomp SMS if this cannot be disabled.

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Yes it can be disabled. On the Handcent main screen click on Menu ->Settings -> Custom Style -> Bubble Settings -> That should bring up a hefty menu with a preview of your conversation style. Go to Display contact pictures and set to Don't Display. Save, enjoy.
    jprow507 likes this.
  3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

How do you get the pix to showup, I'd be happy if it showed the contacts fbook pic there.
  4. TheWhiteBandito

Handcent 3.1 came out today, update first and then follow the steps I posted above, except you can pick Don't Show Pictures, Small, or Large pictures. It was a new feature added today
  5. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

How do you do a force update? My market isn't showing any apps ready for updates.
  6. TheWhiteBandito

Click on the handcent app in the market, it doesn't show that there is an update?
  7. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Nope.
  8. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

If you don't already have the latest version it should show as an update in the market. I usually hit menu > downloads while in the market because everything that has an update available shows at the top of the list. Sometimes I get notification on the phone when apps have an update available but I have noticed that this is not *always* the case.
  9. TheWhiteBandito

Well if it still doesn't work you can go to the Handcent website and download the .apk there and use that, but it's much easier to go through the market, if it works for you at least.
  10. The Stranger

The Stranger Active Member

I updated today, now it doesn't show my contacts names in my list of conversations. Any ideas?