• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

handwritting widget/live-wallpaper

Pessimizor

Lurker
Nov 20, 2012
I would like to see a widget that allows the user to draw/write on it (with a finger/pen).

There are a number of handwriting sticky-note widgets out there, but they all open up full-screen window when you want to write something down or edit something.

What I'm specifically looking for is the ability to allocate space on a screen (e.g. place down a 4x2 widget) that automatically turns that portion of the screen into a writing pad. It would be cool to have various skins (e.g. yellow note, lined paper, etc), but I'm most interested in is a fully transparent widget, that makes it look like you're drawing straight on your background.

Is this possible? Is there a reason all the current widgets out there have to open a full window before you can scribble things down?

Alternatively, instead of a widget, maybe this could be a live-wallpaper? Something that would allow you to circle app icons and make notes anywhere on the screen.

Floating notes - not handwriting
Whiteboard Pro - opens a full screen window to edit any note. You can *add* notes to your screen, but you can't just write on the screen.

Ugh.. this is hard to explain. What I want is the ability to have a portion of the screen that I can immediately write on. There are a bunch of widgets that open a full screen window, allow you to customize a note there, and then place it down somewhere on the screen.

Perhaps the live-wallpaper approach is better at getting across what I would like?

Am I making any sense here? I can't tell if I'm just confusing everyone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones