• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy 4th Birthday OnePlus 6T

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Happy 4th Birthday to the OnePlus 6T!

2vFUg2bm.jpg

Yes, it is 4 years since OnePlus launched the 6T on the 6th November 2018.

Originally, the launch date was to be on the 1st November but was delayed so as not to clash with the launch of the Apple iPhone that year.

The 6T and it's earlier companion phone, the OnePlus 6 that was released 17th May 2018, were two of the most talked about phones that year.

Released on Android 9, (Pie), it was upgraded to Android 10 and now, finally, Android 11.

It's earlier companion, the OnePlus 6, was released on Android 8.1, (Oreo), and also enjoyed the 6T's subsequent platform updates.

Well done OnePlus and Happy 4th Birthday to the OnePlus 6T.

In my opinion OnePlus is a sinking ship. The biggest reason is being a T-Mobile exclusive device (s) they eliminated a lot of potential clients. I still the remember their last launch with the shark tank thing.
When the girl goes we sold 250,000 world wide, there was this brief look on her face if she was about to say or ask I wonder how Apple or Samsung sold.:thinking:

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
In my opinion OnePlus is a sinking ship. The biggest reason is being a T-Mobile exclusive device (s) they eliminated a lot of potential clients.
Maybe in the USA, but in the rest of the world, it has long been illegal for a phone manufacturer to lock their phones to a specific MNO.

OnePlus phones are more than equal to any of the bloatware offerings from the unreliable Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones