• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hard decision between HTC Desire and Samsung I9000 Galaxy

Ibiza

May 23, 2010
I hae already read the other threads about the two but I have a bit different questions.
After looking into the three best Android phones there are (Xperia X10, Desire, I9000 Galaxy) I understand that the best two are the Desire and I9000.
My main issues with the Galaxy are:
1. No flash for the camera (But why?!).
2. Lower amount of RAM.

My main issues with the Desire are:
1. Smaller and maybe lower quality screen.
2. No Divx support.
3. Weighs a bit more.
4. Less onboard memory.

Please help me make the right desition. This is my first Android phone.
Thank you!

All this which phone is the best is pointless there is no perfect phone and people will always disagree, And it all depends on what you want the phone to do and what you use it for etc.

At the end of the day out of the 3 phones you mentioned: (there are other differences of course but thats too put it simply)

Sony Ericsson X10: Best Android Cameraphone.

Samsung Galaxy S: Best Screen.

HTC Desire: Best for updates.

I have the X10 and its a great phone although i must admit the Samsung is tempting but like i said it will depend on your personal wants and needs.

Upvote 0
I hae already read the other threads about the two but I have a bit different questions.
After looking into the three best Android phones there are (Xperia X10, Desire, I9000 Galaxy) I understand that the best two are the Desire and I9000.
My main issues with the Galaxy are:
1. No flash for the camera (But why?!).
2. Lower amount of RAM.

My main issues with the Desire are:
1. Smaller and maybe lower quality screen.
2. No Divx support.
3. Weighs a bit more.
4. Less onboard memory.

Please help me make the right desition. This is my first Android phone.
Thank you!

I9000 is best android phone among all samsung phones yet only 5mp camera and flash are drawbacks but in all other concerns I9000 is gr8......go for samsung I9000

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones