• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hardware Update On New Vibrants

robo21

Android Expert
Jul 26, 2010
So Cal
I've posted this elsewhere but I think this deserves it's own thread because I have just found independent validation that it appears that Samsung may have made some hardware improvements in the Vibrant. These improvements may possibly range from an improved GPS antenna to improved contacts, etc.

Not just the GPS either. The gallery doesn't lock up, the phone feels faster and smoother as well. In fact, getting the newly built warranty replacement operates and feels like I received a completely different phone with the exception of the familiarity with the device. So far, I admit the evidence is only anecdotal, I can't open the phone and say, "See this has changed." But if you read the posts and the thread over at XDA I believe you will agree. See for yourself.

More info:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-vibrant/235393-am-i-wrong.html#post1998959

Samsung changed the GPS antenna in vibrant - xda-developers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones