• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone else heard about Dell Streak 5 being Discontinued?

I must say, I think my heart broke last night when an associate at Best Buy told me they were discontinuing the Dell Streak 5.

Has anyone else heard this? Since they're only place that's selling it aside from Amazon and Dell, does that mean that the entire model is discontinued or is it just discontinued from that store?

How do you feel about this? I thought this was an amazing device, but it seems like Dell didn't bother to market it at all. Wow!

It has been on the market for almost a year, it is time for it to be replaced with a newer model. 6 months ago they talked about a new dual core version coming out about this time, but I am not sure Dell is going to come out with a new model, they haven't faired well in the cellphone business so far, I think they had more success with the Streak 7.

Upvote 0
I've had my streak for a year now and I am so glad that I bought this over any other phone. I will be upgrading next year, so I hope I will be able to upgrade to a phone with a similar screen size as I don't think I could go back to anything smaller. :p

If Dell do continue down the mobile route, at least they will have this opportunity to learn from their previous products to improve their future ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones