Has anyone tried the Amzer Battery Backup Solar Charger?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if anyone has this and if so is it worth looking into? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. b2cwholesale

b2cwholesale Member

Nice design large capacity solar charger here [​IMG]

3. ximfinity

ximfinity Well-Known Member

I have a similar device, the juice box, it works but just barely,i also worry if it does damage to the device battery lifetime the output on it is less than .5 amps, also the solar charge part would take over 8 hours of direct sunlight

4. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Precisely why I did not purchase one from DX. These devices are neat, but not practical.

5. parri1l

parri1l Well-Known Member

I would think if you are an outdoors man of any kind that spends days in the woods a solar could be quite the life saver next to well... other survival skills. I know I have seen a couple solar chargers reviewed by cnet. some are built into backpacks and some fold out all neat. Maybe just go to there site and search solar chargers for what they have reviewed.

6. parri1l

parri1l Well-Known Member

7. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Crank charger would be better for some one out in the county. But something tells me that someone who could have a use for these items is not going to be playing around on their Dinc in the woods. A back up battery makes more sense.

8. androidfan90

androidfan90 New Member

greenhome.com will have the Amzer 3500 mAh Battery Backup Solar Charger on sale tomorrow for a week. It is definitely something to check out.

9. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

This. I paid $15 for a 2000mAh battery, very slim, and charges off any USB type connection. A solar charger setup is only good if you have sun. What if it's night. ;)

The slim battery is always charged and ready to go. Also so cheap that I don't feel overly protective with it.

10. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

Did anyone get anyone and test one of these?

The way it works is that it charges an internal 3500 mah the battery which then charges your cellphone so I don't think it can damage your cellphone

I want one for use in camping or elsewhere when I am away from the grid and away from a charged laptop. I am in New England where the sun is not as strong as in Southern states.

In the Northern US can the internal battery be charged to approximately 100% by solar? How long does it take to charge to this level? Or can it only be charged to four bars by using the built in USB charging port?

There are 4 customer reviews for this on Amazon and the rating is 3 out of 5 stars - not very good. One says 12 hours of Florida sun did not charge it past 2 out of 4 bars.

11. yzingerr

yzingerr Well-Known Member