• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone tried these cases?

Has anyone tried either of these two case on the Verizon Accessories site? They're listed as fully Droid compatible.

Shell/Holster Combo
Leather Side Pouch

Yes I am using the Shell/Holster and it works fine. Belt clip is easy to use and the holster lets you slide the phone/shell in and out easy. The shell does not interfere with the keyboard slideout.
However, the shell adds a lot of bulk to the phone making it feel huge compared to an iPhone.

Upvote 0
I have This leather side pouch and like it so far. We'll see how long the hook and loop fastener closure holds up though...

I have that same case and I can't count the number of times it came off my belt. I guess I don't wear those narrow belts of the '50s that this clip is made for. The case is a great fit but the clip is terrible.

Upvote 0
I've been using the leather case for about a week now and it is already falling apart. I only "clip" it to my dress belt which is very thin and it is a pain to put it on and take it off. It goes on very tightly to the belt and the leather on the inside of the clip is all worn off. I only remove it once a day! The leather is worn off and exposing the inside materials so it scratches my belt each time. The velcro on the flap is the soft velcro so it wont scratch the phone. The case itself is very nice and does a good job, it's just the clip part that I don't like. Also the website does list the clip as a "swivel clip" but it is not. It is locked in place. I am currently looking for another belt clip. I have tried the other leather case from verizon made specifically for the droid. This one felt too thin and had the same issue of the leather wearing off on the clip and exposing the metal or plastic piece inside. The Blackberry Storm leather belt clip was the best leather case I ever used. Plastic clip that swivels and the leather was nice. I have not tried it on the Droid as I already know the magnets will mess with it. Any suggestions on cases that fit the Droid?? Thank you!

Upvote 0
I am currently using this case for my droid. I am very rough on phones and had to get a case that provided the most protection for the phone. This case has good padding, there are no corners that are exposed. The only down side for the case is that the side clip don't rotate. The ad says it does but it dont, but for $10 its well worth it.

Walmart.com: foneGEAR Black Canvas foneCASE for iPhone and BlackBerry: Cell Phones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones