Have Different Notifications between SMS & MMS?Support

Last Updated:

1. Oracle646

Oracle646 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I figured it has been talked about. But how can I get a different notification alert for MMS to SMS? I know how to change Email, Calls, And SMS Combined with MMS.

How can I get MMS and SMS separate?

Thanks My Peeps!

Advertisement
  2. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

No separate notifications but if you are worried about opening mms, then turn off auto open in the settings.

3. Oracle646

Hey thanks for the reply!

Do you know of any apps that give this option to do separate notification sounds?

Can you even do different SMS notifications for different Contacts?

If not that is lammeee...Like a given feature to have...Where is my TP2? lol

4. dougwilson2000

Each contact can easily have its own ringtone/notification sound. Just go into your text message program and long press on a contact and choose settings.

5. Oracle646

Look at you go! lol thnx

6. dougwilson2000

Lol I should have asked which text app are you using. On Handcent ,on your contact message page (where you see a certain contacts messages) ,there is a setting button in the top right hand corner.
    If you do not use Handcent ,get it . It is free and very customizable. Make sure to turn off stock apps notification.

7. Oracle646

So how can I go about turning off the standard SMS notification? I tried to look in notifications and think I might have missed it.

Also how can I make Handcent my default SMS/MMS program? It gave me a check box a couples times to select it as my default..but seems to never register it.

8. dougwilson2000

Simple go to stock messages-setttings and uncheck notifications and everything. You will always get a copy of messages but not notifications from stock.
    If you start to send a text , apop up will ask which service you want to use . Check Handcent and check the box that says "always use thia action".