• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have just installed Ubuntu 12.10...

Aww right so there is accually apps out there that i can use instead of the windows ones?.
Let me put it this way: I ONLY use Linux--I am not a window$ convert; I started on UNIX in the 1980s, switching to Linux when it became available--and there's absolutely nothing I want to do that I can't. You need to realize that Linux, because of its UNIX heritage, is inherently more powerful, more versatile, and more feature packed than window$ will ever be. I'd suggest firing up Synaptic (that's my package/program manager of choice) and just start looking at the ZILLIONS of apps available to install. Thousands and thousands of games, graphics, multimedia, programming, Internet, office, you name it. And then there's the shell! The bash shell is a programming environment in its own right.

Upvote 0
An other vote for GIMP for image editing. I've been using GIMP for all of my theme needs for years (including android/ROM themes) and it has never failed me.
Ditto. I've used the GIMP exclusively for everything I do that's graphics related, including all the designs for the products in my online shops--and don't forget, one of those designs is famous! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones