Have new Kies (hopefully with FROYO) but computer not showing phone in kies modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. johnagall

johnagall Active Member This Topic's Starter

Having waited for FROYO for a while now I was really pleased that Kies had an update which I think includes the Froyo update. I downloaded the update but my phone is not showing as connected in Kies mode. If I attach the phone in mass storage mode it is recognised!

Having only just switched from iPhone to Android I cannot believe how shyte Samsung/T-Mobile have been with the software for such a great piece of hardware!!!!

I have tried rebooting laptop and phone as well as reinstalling Kies. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

open kies and try choosing driver recovery from the dropdown list on the main screen (top left)

It reloads the drivers for your PC to interact with the phone and usually does the trick if it was working previously.

3. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

4. lobo76

lobo76 Well-Known Member

since u switched from iphone, you may wish to know that some people have this issue because kies conflicts with iTunes...

5. johnagall

johnagall Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried the driver recovery in kies as well as reinstalling kies.

I have unmounted, reformatted and remounted internal memory in line with advice from another forum but still no joy.

This is ridiculous.

I also turned off the phone, plugged it into laptop and then turned on. It told me that drivers were not installed. I have tried to recreate this situation again but cannot do it.

6. wushukid

wushukid New Member

unfortunately i have experienced all off the above issues with kies and now i cant uninstall kies at all. so talk about frustrated. i keep getting a error 1316 network error message ,then to top it off the next error message is 1603 fatal error during installation but i,m trying to uninstall the damn thing so i,m going round in circles.have used regcure to try to correct a registry issue which relates to the 1603 message but nope so what the .

7. crcurtis

crcurtis New Member

I know this is an Android forum however I do not know if the issue is that Android sucks or the Samsung Galaxy S sucks because nothing works. Right now I am just trying to connect to Kies....God I miss iTunes and my iPhone. At least Apple knows how to build product. Google has not built anything right since search and I guess Samsung should stick to TVs.

What the hell is PC will only connect in "idle screen" and since you cannot connect to the help documentation since it is not connecting that is useless. When will companies like Samsung and Google stop kids from building "shit" in basements without actually real world testing.

8. Saurus

Saurus New Member

I could not agree more. The phone itself is great, but the support from Samsung and Kies suck. I wish I had stayed with Apple.