• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having a couple issues

CREVZ21

Feb 28, 2010
NH
I have been trying to send out a MMS tonight to a few friends. I have rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 beta. Keep getting a message saying message can not send or something along those lines. I also have WiFi working fine but when I shut off WiFi i have no 3g coverage and always have in my house before tonight. Service is minimal never before had an issue. Only getting a 1x data signal. Odd thing my buddy who rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 final release last night is having the same issues with no 3g and only 1x. Any ideas?

I have been trying to send out a MMS tonight to a few friends. I have rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 beta. Keep getting a message saying message can not send or something along those lines. I also have WiFi working fine but when I shut off WiFi i have no 3g coverage and always have in my house before tonight. Service is minimal never before had an issue. Only getting a 1x data signal. Odd thing my buddy who rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 final release last night is having the same issues with no 3g and only 1x. Any ideas?

I know this sounds ridiculously simple, and if I am asking a stupid question I apologize, but have you tried a phone reboot? The only reason I suggest it is that I've had a similar situation before that fixed itself with a shutdown and restart.

Upvote 0
Do you have menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile network turned on? Also, what about the mobile network settings > enable always-on data? I have also heard of people with this problem turning airplane mode on and back off and then 3g coming on.

Mobile network says "Connected" always on is enabled and I have always tried airplane mode a few times as well. I'm gonna sleep on it and tomorrow morning when i swap my battery out if it hasn't cleared I may unroot... unless I get more ideas between now and then with other things to try.

Upvote 0
You mentioned you rooted but you didn't mention anything you did after you rooted. The root itself shouldn't be causing any problems like this, all you did was give yourself full access to the phone. Nothing was changed except for the recovery.

So what have you done since you rooted? Removed apps? Installed "root only" apps? Messed with any rom's, radio's or kernels? So on, etc...?

Upvote 0
I had installed hydra underclocked and did a recovery to before I did that and that didn't work either. Funny thing I went to bed after my last post and had 3g not sure what I did but it works fine now. So now all i have installed is wireless tether, titanium backup and busybox on stock kernel stock ROM and the stock 2.2 radio

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones