• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having a few issues

DoAndroidDream?

Jun 23, 2010
Massachusetts
My market seems to be very sparse.

When I try to change my dock background it tells me "no pictures are available on the phone" even though I know they are there and the correct ratio.

When I long press the icons in LPP and press change shortcut all the icons disappear for a second and then the normal ones pop back up. Change Icon seems to work fine however. Having those nonfunctioning icons there really bothers me.

I am rooted stock. Any advice?

I should have put this in Support and Troubleshooting. Sorry.

More work, but your sd card might be corrupt.

You'd have to plug it into your computer with a usb adapter (if you don't have a card slot for it), move everything off to your computer, format it, then move everything back to it.

No guarantee it'll work and you might run into problems with file names too long so would want to copy to a folder directly right off your "C" drive (with a short name). Then do a regular format (not quick) by right-clicking on the drive in Windows.

OR just boot without the card first and see if the problem still exists. :D

Reactions: DoAndroidDream?
Upvote 0
There is the default gallery app but I will give that a go.

That app does not come up for me in the market. I think I need to install a custom rom...

Really I am more concerned with changing the icons. I have turned the three that don't work into camera icons because it looks better than a phone icon and whatnot. Is there a way to just delete them?

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, I could have helped you sooner.

All the issues you describe are inherent in stock rooted NCs.

Market issue:
Turn the display to sideways (landscape) and more items will show up. Sounds stupid, and it is, but that's the fix. Do a search in portrait and only a few items show up and you can't scroll. Turn landscape and all the choices show up and you can scroll. Weird, but easy to live with.

Wallpaper:
Doesn't scall well. Always zooms in too much. There are a few ways to get around this. Have to do a search.

LPP issues:
Change background and non-functioning shortcuts on the dock. There is only one way I know how to do this. You need to have a phone running LPP. Go into phone LPP setting and backup screen. Now on your phone LPP, configure your dock and shortcuts any way you want to show up on your tablet. Once satisfied this is how you want your NC looking, make another backup (don't overwrite the first one). Restore your phone configuration (first backup) through the LPP settings.

Save the second backup to you NC, then in LPP settings, restore that backup and your shortcuts and dock will be updated. You'll have to update your homescreen widgets and icons as it will also pull in such settings as were set on your phone.

BTW, this is NOT a LPP issue, rather a neutered implementation of Android 2.1 that B&N used. On the stock device, you can't add shortcuts to your homescreens either, so whatever binary was removed also effects the launchers ability to do the same. I've confirmed that ADW and Go Launcher exhibit the same issues.

And lastly, CM7 doesn't have any of these issues. Go Phiremod and you'll be a much happier camper.
Only things you do lose are B&N instore reading and read-to-me books. If those are important, you can always boot stock from SD card or dual boot.

Upvote 0
That is weird about the Market and holding the Nook landscape. I always use it holding it portrait unless I am using a game emulator. Thanks for the tips. I'll be going with Phiremod very soon here.
Glad I could help.

I was on the fence with putting CM7 on, but when it got to a point where bluetooth was enabled, many of the bugs worked out, and finally the video was fully enabled, I made the plunge.

Phiremod v6 has been flawless for me and I've forgot all the little annoyances the stock rooted NC had.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones