• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having trouble using music player

I had the same problem and couldn't get any help so I figured it out myself. Basically, if you've already added the music there are two routes...to create a new playlist using an entire album, open the music icon and you will see four tabs along the top of the screen. Tap the Albums tab and you will see a list of all the albums you have on your card, here's the tricky part...press, don't tap the album you would like to add and a menu will come up with options for Play, Add to Playlist, Delete, and Search. Tap Add to Playlist and you will see a new menu, tap New, tap the Playlist name field to name it, then tap Save. Now when you tap Music from your home screen, tap Playlists and you will see your newly added album ready to play!

Upvote 0
To create a Playlist:

1. When viewing a list of songs in the library, touch and hold the first song you want to add to the new playlist.
  2. Touch Add To Playlist
  3. Touch New
  4. Enter the name of the playlist, then touch Save. The new playlist is added to the Playlist library. You can also add the song that is playing in the Playback screen as the first song in a playlist by pressing the physical menu key on the phone, and then touching Add to Playlist or touch Save as Playlist to save all the songs in an album that you're playing as a playlist.

To add a song to a playlist:

1. While viewing a list of songs in the Library, touch and hold a song to display an options menu.
  2. Touch Add to Playlist.
  3. Touch the name of the playlist to add the song to. You can also add the song that is playing in the Playback screen to a playlist by pressing the physical menu key on the phone, and touching Add to Playlist.

Info taken from the Optimus V User Guide PDF file page 123. (Compliments of the VM USA site.) ;)

Reactions: JCH77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones