• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

having trouble with my new st t-mobile service!

mundane24

Jul 28, 2011
having trouble with my new straight talk t-mobile service!
phone is nexus 4 version 4.2.2
st t-mobile activated online on the 13th feb. and sms/calls were working fine until today! *albeit mms was spotty/delayed and data was slow (could be my area).

*perhaps someone have dealt with this before and could advise what to do or say to a rep to get a fix a lot quicker.

anyway as of the moment:
- cant make calls *goes to call ended from dialing as soon as i dial a number/contact.
- cant receive calls *goes to voicemail
- mms/data has been spotty/slow ever since activated. today it's just crawling to a halt!
- sent an sms just now and it worked. received it on my virgin mobile phone.

so far im not liking st t-mobile service... seems like the service is unreliable in my area. :/ but it could just be straight talk and not t-mobile as i have some friends with t-mobile postpaid and they're service seems to be just fine.

having trouble with my new straight talk t-mobile service!
phone is nexus 4 version 4.2.2
st t-mobile activated online on the 13th feb. and sms/calls were working fine until today! *albeit mms was spotty/delayed and data was slow (could be my area).

*perhaps someone have dealt with this before and could advise what to do or say to a rep to get a fix a lot quicker.

anyway as of the moment:
- cant make calls *goes to call ended from dialing as soon as i dial a number/contact.
- cant receive calls *goes to voicemail
- mms/3g has been spotty/slow ever since activated. today it's just crawling to a halt!
- sent an sms just now and it worked. received it on my virgin mobile phone.

so far im not liking st t-mobile service... seems like the service is unreliable in my area. :/ but it could just be straight talk and not t-mobile as i have some friends with t-mobile postpaid and they're service seems to be just fine.

I suggest that you look at AT&T coverage in your area and try it you can get Sim cards in Walmart dot com still.I have it on my nexus 4 updated to 4.2.2 but I flashed back the old radio because my signal is better the old one

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply. i appreciate it.

yeah, i was thinking of trying st at&t ...but do i have to spend another $45 for the service or can i just transfer my st t-mobile number/account?

another thing, where can i get the old radio? and how to flash it? tia! i'll give that a try before i order st at&t sim.

edit: just checked my area using AT&T Coverage Viewer

it says:
voice: best
data: 4G
gophone: best

i guess im gonna have to give them a try as this st t-mobile isn't really working out for me. :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones