HBOOT driver help

Last Updated:

1. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Well-Known Member

i cannot for the life of me get the hboot driver to install. i have tried before when i wanted to root my phone and now i want to update from .3 to .6 and i need to flash via HBOOT. my computer is a wndows 7 home premium 64 bit. any help would be great. thanks.

2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Download this:

extract this zip and remember where you save it on your PC.

plug in your phone to the PC. make sure USB debugging is on.

turn off your phone

boot into bootloader (hold power + vol-down)

select HBOOT USB. you should hear your PC make the USB connected sound. When it starts to look for drivers, point it to that extracted zip folder. It will install the driver.

next, boot into the bootloader again, but this time, go to Recovery. The same thing will happen on your PC. install the driver in the same way

next, boot your phone normally. When windows asks for drivers, do the same thing again.

Once you've installed the driver for these 3 different USB modes, you'll be all set.
  3. novox77

forgot to add:

when you are in the bootloader, you can navigate the menu with vol-up and vol-down. power button to select.
  4. Lenniepennie

Lenniepennie Member

! C:\Users\**\Downloads\ CRC failed in Android USB Driver\amd64\WUDFUpdate_01007.dll. The file is corrupt
    ! C:\Users\**\Downloads\ CRC failed in Android USB Driver\i386\WdfCoInstaller01007.dll. The file is corrupt

I got this message when i try to extract the zip file.. can someone please help me? :)
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

youdoofus likes this.
  6. novox77

I just downloaded the driver .zip file and was able to extract it just fine. Maybe your download got corrupted? Try downloading it again.

Oh look, an old thread I posted in from last August! I'm surprised it's still relevant :) Wow, it's been a year already?
    ocnbrze likes this.