1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

HD video recorder?

Last Updated:

1. heyitsericc

heyitsericc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running my HTC Legend with the stock "Camcorder" app and the most I can record with is 480p. Since the iPhone 4 has the same MP (5) and can shoot HD, why can't the Legend. Is there an app for such a thing? Any way without rooting, since I still want to keep my warranty till it expires.

Advertisement
  2. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

Megapixels and HD capabilities are two separate functions. I belive the Legend does not have HD recording capabilities, I could be wrong on this though. If you check HTC's site, they state HD recording under the specs on the phones that do have it, unfortunately it looks like the Legend does not have it.

But Megapixels is just a measure and often times people just use that to measure the "quality" of a camera. The higher the MP the better is not always true. The Legend and iPhone4 do not share the same camera.

3. heyitsericc

heyitsericc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hm... I remember seeing a video of some guy shooting HD on his Nexus one using a special app or something. I'm pretty sure the Nexus one, like the Legend aren't capable of HD either.