• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HD video recorder?

heyitsericc

Nov 2, 2010
next door
I'm running my HTC Legend with the stock "Camcorder" app and the most I can record with is 480p. Since the iPhone 4 has the same MP (5) and can shoot HD, why can't the Legend. Is there an app for such a thing? Any way without rooting, since I still want to keep my warranty till it expires.

Megapixels and HD capabilities are two separate functions. I belive the Legend does not have HD recording capabilities, I could be wrong on this though. If you check HTC's site, they state HD recording under the specs on the phones that do have it, unfortunately it looks like the Legend does not have it.

But Megapixels is just a measure and often times people just use that to measure the "quality" of a camera. The higher the MP the better is not always true. The Legend and iPhone4 do not share the same camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones