• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HDMI does not display on Brookstone projector

I have a Note 3 with Android version 5.0. I have the Brookstone Pocket Projector Slim. The projector comes with a Micro USB to HDMI MHL Cable. It also comes with a 5-Pin to 11-Pin Micro USB Adapter. When I turn on the projector and connect the cable, with the 5-to-11 pin adapter, the phone briefly displays "HDMI cable connected." But nothing appears on the projector.

I've tried this with power supplied to the projector and with the projector running on battery. I've tried Gallery, YouTube, Netflix, MX Player Pro, and just the desktop.

When I connect my laptop to the projector, it mirrors the laptop's display almost instantly.

I'd appreciate any assistance in getting the projector to display the phone's screen.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew

I think the Note 3 may require that power is supplied to the adapter itself. It may be that the phone isn't able to cast the content without this power source. Does your adapter have this functionality? Is it something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DZJSAVY/

Samsung's own support site also shows an adapter that has power support:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1030213

Have you triple checked your TV is on the right HDMI input and doesn't auto-jump to the wrong source?

Upvote 0
Would hate to tell you to buy an accessory if there is another solution, but I'm thinking that's what will solve the issue. At less than $10 it's probably worth a try. If you get it please let us know how it works, or if something else works, or maybe someone else with experience can chime in. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Lack of a standard HDMI output has been a constant source of frustration with this phone since the day I purchased it. As much as I like the implementation of Android on this phone I wish I'd stuck with Motorola or some other brand having a standard HDMI out port. So much for listening to a salesman or reading the pamphlet that says it has HDMI 'capability'. Thank you for your suggestion. I guess I'll give one more adapter a try. (Sigh)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones