Support Headphone glitch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fmartin18x, Apr 30, 2011.

1. fmartin18x

fmartin18x Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I am using a HTC DHD. After I plugged out my headphones with mic today, I realised that the headphone with mic icon is still shown on the top bar. Therefore, I can't play music through the phone's native speaker. I tried to plug in and out the jack again but the icon still appear. I tried to reset the phone but there's nothing. Can anybody suggest me what to do? :thinking:

Advertisement
  2. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    did you try taking the battery out, pressing the power button, and then putting the battery back in. If all else fails i would try a factory reset.

3. landovr

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    If it was my phone i would probably try using a can of compressed air and blowing into the headphone jack hole.

fmartin18x likes this.
  4. fmartin18x

fmartin18x Member

Mar 4, 2011
    thanks mate.. it works like magicc.. =) thanks again once.

5. landovr

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    did you do a factory reset or just blow in the headphone jack. Just curious in case it ever happens to me.

6. fmartin18x

fmartin18x Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I used a can of compressed air and blasted it into the headphone jack. Then the headphone with mic icon just disappear. Thanks anyway for the tip. :)

7. DannyR2811

DannyR2811 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Liverpool, UK
    Sort of a glitch but my DHD thinks my Dre.Beats Tour without Mic has a mic on? It works fine just thought a normal headphone icon would show like when I used my old iPod headphones