• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

headphone remote help?

mattprime86

Lurker
Dec 26, 2009
Hey guys, I just recently got a hero and was looking around for a guide on using the included headphones. I've noticed that sometimes they do what i think they will when i push the buttons and sometimes they do something completely different. For example: the forward button will usually skip to the next song and the back button will return to the starting of the song or if pressed twice goes to the previous song, however sometimes when i press one of the buttons it just selects a completely random song from my list. And others times the buttons dont work until i slide my lock screen down and access the player app myself..then they seem to kick back in. Do the headphones buttons lock too? The other thing is the center button..play/pause. Or sometimes it randomly picks a new song, or does nothing, or ill click it twice and it finally works and yesterday i tried that and it started dialing the last phone number that i had called...what the hell? Can anyone please point me in the direction of a user guide just for the functions of the remote please. Or explain if they have different features at different times. Thanks very much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones