• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headset/phones on without being plugged in.. Help

bigtalente

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
Hello is anyone having this issue? I dont have headphones plugged in and I am getting the icon. And also sometimes getting headset as welll and am not able to get or make phone calls when this is active. I have to phone off phone to reset this.

Anyone have same issues? fixes?

Thanks

love the response i get from verizon... please confirm this because i think its dumb and wrong.

i was told the headset icon is still on header (wo being plugged in) becuase the fact i used regular headphones in that jack and they are different sizes and if i continue to do so that i run the risk of breaking it or running this issue every time. they are sending me out a new phone because of this but i am not going to listen to music with headset earphones they are set up different for music and not conversation....

anyone technical and know if there really is a difference in the headphones and headset plug size and why would they be and use the same port if "i run the risk of breaking it"...

all i really wanted to do was tell the tech he was a moron and walk out of the store

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones