• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

drkeng

May 16, 2010
Will be getting htc incredible or LG Ally soon (Verizon, obviously); can't decide to go one year or two; glad I went one year with the ugly Versa (why that phone even exists when the enV touch came out a few months later is beyond me).

played with the incredible for awhile yesterday and it was pretty good. display is 100's X better than versa--looking forward to that, regardless of which one I get.

my issues relate to snapdragon, sense, flashlite and the hard qwerty keyboard issue. obviously, the ally's only advantage is the keyboard. at first the incredible kb seemed too sensitive. thought for sure I'd get the Droid the day it came out (see past experience below), but didn't really like the keyboard or the weight. I think I'm glad I waited.

hoping Droid continues to grow and overtake apple in popularity.

looking forward to learning a lot here and also contributing where I can.

crazy how far we've come. I'll admit to buying the Razr as soon as it came out--$500!!! Boy, was I cool--for awhile.

as much as I love technology, I'm also into, what I call, the 3 W's: (Swiss) Watches, Whiskey and Wine. One C: cars.

hey man welcome. if it's a physical keyboard you seek, the Ally is probably the way to go. However, you may want to grab the Inc and use your 30 days to see if you can get used to the all screen touch. Back when I was anticipating my next device, I bought an Eris on CL cheap to see if I could handle the touchscreen. Took me a little bit to get used to it, but I'll never go back now.

Then, i sold the Eris, got the Inc, and made money off it.... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones