• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP!! Android system suddenly drain 35% power overnight!

Magicpot230

Lurker
Mar 12, 2012
Everyday before sleep, I usually turn off wifi,bluetooth,all unwanted application. And I used task manager to kill unwanted program running and
go to Task managers and free up the RAM. Usually when I awake on the morning, I have similar battery power left before I goes to sleep. BUT
today morning, my device battery all drained up completely, and I charge up the battery and check what causing the excessive power usage. I go to
Setting>About device>battery usage. I notice Android system using 35% power over night. And I check which application running on the background
and I see all these things list running over night and it scares me to hell.
Included packages:
Perso
Security storage
DRM content
EncryptApp
PopupuiReceiver
Software update
VPN Services
Error
Status bar
Bluetooth Test
Settings
com.sec.android.app.Icdtest
Factory Test
Settings storage
com.samsung.InputEventapp
WlanTest
Account and sync settings
Setup Wizard
Task manger
MTP Application
Service mode
Android system
License settings
Google Backup Transport
wssyncmlnps
All these thing causing my android system used so much power over night today. And I was scary as hell what might cause these testing. Did I get
a virus/malware? I didnt install any weird app the previous day. Today I charged back 100% power started the device, half hour idle time, android system
goes down to normally 5% power usage. Seems normal for now, but I duno what causing all the testing running overnight? Help appreciated.

First, stop using the task manager to kill apps. Android (essentially Linux light) is much batter at managing it's own apps. If they aren't neeeded at the moment, they will use 0% CPU and if Android needs the RAM it will kill them itself. Killing apps just results in more power, RAM and CPU being used. You won't manage things better than Android already is.

As to whathat caused your power drain, what model do you have. I've seen reports of the US Palyer 5 showing some odd battery behavior (mine hasn't) usually resolved by a couple of charge cycles-- let it run down, charge it back up. I generally leave mine plugged in overnight while I sleep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones