• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Can't get the keyboard and word prediction I was using back on my SF

HeatherinTX

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
At some point early on in my SF ownership, I accidentally pushed something that gave me a keyboard and word prediction that I like SO MUCH more than the little black box word prediction with Swype. I didn't download a 3rd party keyboard or anything. Problem is, I've somehow hit something again that has brought the black box popup word prediction and a different keyboard back. I've messed with every combination I can think of in Language and Keyboard, but can't seem to get the other keyboard back.

The keyboard I currently have is the one that has the letters and symbols on the same key. The one I like has just the letters on the keys and a symbol button to push to get just the symbols. The word recognition I want has a bar right about where you type that gives you suggestions and you can touch the suggestion you want and it will insert (it has the most likely suggestion in red, I think).

I make so many more typing mistakes with the black box prediction/current keyboard. Can someone tell me how to get the other way back?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones