• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Challenge, Unbrick GT-i9505

BobsUrUnkle

Lurker
Aug 20, 2014
I thought I could become a super tech nerd and got a little big for my britches. There I was on youtube thinking to myself "seems easy enough" not realizing how much detail you need to pay attention to and.. I've learned a lot but still know nothing! I can tell you this much, I've got:

Carrier: Sprint
Model : SPH-L720T
Firmware: KitKat 4.4.2

but, after a successful root my OS is now GT-I9505 (kot49h.i9505xxufna5) and after a very unsuccessful hotspot mod I am on a bootloop :(

This is the video that made me believe in the ability of the average schmo, like myself :eek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYTis-i7HA4

in this vid he says you can extract the files (MDLHotspotMod-Odexed.zip) from .rar to firmware/systems, which was the route I decided to take, but the services.jar wasn't in the file format it was supposed to be in it was in WinRAR so I decided the most logical thing was to extract the files in services.jar(WinRAR) and then I put the files (MANIFEST.MF and service.odexed) into firmware/systems after doing the rename .bak backup and i've been on bootloop for 4 days now :'(

In those 4 days (using my samsung s4 stock USB)...
In DOWNLOAD Mode:
Tried odin3.07, v1.85
dowloaded 2 MD5 files (L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_L720VPUFNAE_HOME.tar andL720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar)
adonit.pit

In RECOVERY Mode:
wipe cache partition then reboot system
wipe data/factory reset then reboot system

I don't know what to do and I just feel so dumb. Can someone please help:thinking:

The best thing to do is to re-flash the stock ROM. If you look in the (Sprint) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root - Android Forums sub-forum here you will find guidance on how to do this.

If you can boot into recovery, your phone isn't completely hosed and you should be able to repair the damage. It's probably a little late for this warning but be very careful. Flashing is actually pretty easy but the details matter. In particular, make sure the ROM you are flashing is the correct one for your exact model of S4 (there are lots).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones