• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help! droid razr hd battery

itskeesh6

Lurker
Aug 21, 2013
I've never had any problems with my droid RAZR HD before, but today when I got to work around 3:30 I noticed my phone battery life went from fully charged to 90% and I barely used it. 2 hours later I checked my phone and it went down to 58% without even using it.
It's been running hot too.
And I checked the battery usage and it said 'media' was using the most.
After I turned it on/ off it now says 'screen' & 'SD card' for most battery usage.

Suggestions anyone?!

bad data on the card, or a failing card, could cause this. backup the card IMMEDIATELY and then wipe it. don't put anything back on it, but do put it back in the phone. if it still gets hot and drains the battery, use a different card. if it STILL happens, wipe the phone and don't sign in anything. if it STILL happens, will need to replace the phone... which isn't likely the issue.

more likely the card is bad or the data on the card is bad.

Upvote 0
FYI, for the last few days my battery performance has increased dramatically from the prior week. I got home from work yesterday and my battery was around 60% with moderate use, and it was at 42% when I went to bed. A week prior, I would have been around 35%-45% after work, with it not making it until bedtime. I haven't done anything different, so I assume a couple weeks ago I got some app update which caused the issue, with a subsequent update correcting it.

Upvote 0
Mine was eating battery for a while as well, a Maxx HD. Then it went back to normal. I am very low use (mostly just idle) and now get 8 days or so per charge. My daughter with the same phone gets about 2 days but she is high use.

I was only getting about 4-5 days but then selected WiFi off while idle and that extended battery life quite a bit. I just wish there were a BT on only under charging. This way I could plug it in to charge in the vehicle and auto turn on BT for the hands free.

Upvote 0
Mine was eating battery for a while as well, a Maxx HD. Then it went back to normal. I am very low use (mostly just idle) and now get 8 days or so per charge. My daughter with the same phone gets about 2 days but she is high use.

I was only getting about 4-5 days but then selected WiFi off while idle and that extended battery life quite a bit. I just wish there were a BT on only under charging. This way I could plug it in to charge in the vehicle and auto turn on BT for the hands free.

You could do that with SmartActions. Just set a profile for charging status to turn on bluetooth. Set up a second action to turn off bluetooth when not charging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones