• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help, EXACTLY what to alter to help battery life!

jusdebbie

Feb 22, 2010
I just got the incredible and cant believe that the battery life is even worse than the eris! I am afraid to change ANY settings without knowing that it wont have impact on calls, texts, emails, internet, and so on. Does anyone have suggestions on specific changes to make? Thanks!

Your phone is probably bugged like mine and not sleeping.

Check this by shutting it off and then starting it up. Turn the screen off from the beginning so it sleeps.
So a minute or so later unlock the phone and check your awake time. If it equals your up time you are bugged.

To get the phone to start sleeping again you can put her in airplane mode and then put it back in normal mode. Or if that doesn't work you can down load a task killer and kill any one task that starts up with the phone like footprints or dialer. You must do that from inside the task manager as for some reason the widget didn't work correctly.

Oh and on that note do not use advanced task killer, it does not close itself correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones