• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help- flashed ROM and phone won't work

prosan98

May 22, 2011
to clarify, I mean that phone can't make calls.

I realize I'm probably the only one still using this phone... contract up Nov 24.

I recently rooted (spent like 12 hours learning it) and did it successfully (that downgrade to Froyo is PAINFUL).

The phone was working fine on the stock Froyo even after I rooted. But the Sense crashing was driving me batty, so I flashed the Gingerbread Shift-Deck-1.3 [2.3.7]. It wouldn't work with the stock kernel, so I flashed the X99.

It worked great. Got everything all set up again. Only to discover that the phone can't make or receive calls. It rings, and calls go through when I dial out, but I can't hear a damn thing.

I googled a bit and tried the Savaged Zen 2.2.1 kernel instead. Worked fine, but still no call ability.

Any other suggestions? I REALLY don't want to have to do a full wipe AGAIN.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones