• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! How to Convert from Samsung GT-P1000(Ginger ) to Google Nexus 32gb LTE

Kies fails to back up Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" 16GB internal mem + 32GB SD card.
Cannot swop Sim Card as old one is full size, new one is Micro.
ISP will provide me with new Sim with same Phone No? But then I loose old sim data.
New Nexus has no external SD card slot. I have Apps and data on internal & external & Sim.
How can I back up or transfer data eg from phone numbers to apps+ data+photos etc?

Summary : How to move from first Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" GT-P1000 Gingerbread to ASUS Google Nexus 7 32GB wifi+LTE 4.3

App and data transfers are only possible via Titaniium backup if you are rooted. There is also another app called DataSync, haven't tried it personally though, it requires root too. Please note with both apps some data and some apps still still not be possible to carry over to new device.

With regards to the sim card you can get the large full size sim card cut to a micro sim size to retain old data.

Reactions: Bushbug
Upvote 0
Reply to Forbidden 403 & Crashdamage.

Great response

I have not rooted before !! I guess its the old Samsung that has to be rooted and not new Google Nexus.
Info on Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

Firmware Version 2.3.3

Baseband Version P1000XXJPZ

Kernal Version 2.6.35.7
root@DELL127 #2

Build number GINGERBREAD.XWJPE
I have PC. Is it Root first and then Backup ? And then Transfer to Google Nexus 7 ?? How ? This is a FIRST for me, a bit scary !!!

Upvote 0
App and data transfers are only possible via Titaniium backup if you are rooted. There is also another app called DataSync, haven't tried it personally though, it requires root too. Please note with both apps some data and some apps still still not be possible to carry over to new device.

With regards to the sim card you can get the large full size sim card cut to a micro sim size to retain old data.

I have not rooted before !! I guess its the old Samsung that has to be rooted and not new Google Nexus.
Info on Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

Firmware Version 2.3.3

Baseband Version P1000XXJPZ

Kernal Version 2.6.35.7
root@DELL127 #2

Build number GINGERBREAD.XWJPE
I have PC. Is it Root first and then Backup ? And then Transfer to Google Nexus 7 ?? How ? This is a FIRST for me, a bit scary !!!

Can I find Guidance on HOW TO ??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones