Help, how to make a tune into a ringtone??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevem, Oct 4, 2009.

1. stevem

stevem Member

Oct 4, 2009
    had the phone for a few days and i have downloaded some tunes into the music application on the phone and i see you can save the tune as a ringtone and also trim it which is all good, however, after i have saved the tune as a ringtone, when the phone is switched off and back on again , the choosen ringtone has gone and the "save tune" i had within ringtones has also gone.

i have tried contacting HTC and they are talking about something about route of the SD card and making folders which i have not got a clue about whaty they are talking about and they dont seem to give clear instructions in how to transfer a song from your pc to the phone and then make it into a ring tone, so i hope something can help me.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA

Create the following folders on your sdcard :

/sdcard/alarms
    /sdcard/notifications
    /sdcard/ringtones

3. Mansn

Mansn Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    UK
    Alternatively use the application "ringdroid" - search for it in the android market!

4. stevem

stevem Member

Oct 4, 2009
    How do i create these folders ??

5. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Sys Admin
    Aberdeen, UK
    Here's the step by step guide

• Connect the Hero to your computer via the USB cable
    • Open the Notifications screen on your Hero (pull down a finger from the top of the screen to the bottom) and select the USB Storage notification
    • Choose "Mount"
    • Browse to the SD Card on your PC
    • Look for a folder called media, if it's not there, create it by right clicking and choosing New Folder, then rename the folder to be media
    • Inside the media folder, you need a folder called audio, again, if it's not there create it as above
    • Inside the audio folder, you can create a subfolder for the sound category you want to change-
      • ringtones - for sound files you want to use as ringtones
      • alarms - for sound files you want to use for any alarms
      • notifications - for incoming notifications such as SMS alerts, emails, etc
    • Copy your sound file in to the relevant folder
    • You should now see your sound file listed in the menu for selection in the relevant sound settings menu (to access the ringtone/notification settings, press the hard Menu key from one of your home screens, then press Settings then Sounds and Display)

6. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Designer
    UK
    Ringdroid is my tip for the top.

easy

Tags: