• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [HELP!] I have an adware app(s) on my phone. And it won't go away. Please help me permanently delete

ASPyr97

Lurker
May 21, 2019
I recently got a free American Assistance lifeline phone. The bran is True Slim and A.A. is the service provider. I need help permanently removing app(s) that come with the phone. I'm not sure which app(s) I should get rid of. Except one; DAbrowser. Whenever I uninstall anything it re-installs itself. Please help me, I need to get rid of at least DAbrowser. That thing is clearly adware. And extra annoying adware at that. These aren't in browser ads either. They're ads that pop up no matter what apps are or aren't open. They make it super annoying to use the phone for anything. The setting; 'Allow installation of apps from unknown sources' keeps turning on by itself in front of my eyes. And the play store opens it's self on a page for an app it wants me to install. Even the lock screen tries to shill to me. And that open at weird times. I have tried a lot to fix this.
BTW the questionable apps I have on my phone are:
DAbrowser
Android Innovation
com.android.extension.hybrid.app
Proxy
DeviceOptimize
Android System WebView
Atci_service
Auto Dialer
Basic Daydreams
Bluetooth Share
BSPTelephonyDevTool
CaptivePortalLogin
Certificate Installer
com.android.backupconfirm
com.android.sharedstoragebackup
com.mediatek
com.mediatek.batterywaring
Common Data Service (Which has a blue winking android for an icon)
ConfigUpdater
Data Protection
Device Provisioner
DRM Protected Content Storage
EnginerMode
Factory test
FotaProvider
Fused Location
FwkPlugin
Gsensor Calibrate
HelperDF
ImeiModify
LocationEM2
MmsService
Mobile anti-theft
MTK Android Suite Daemon
MTK NLP
MTK Thermal Manager
MTKLogger
Omacp
One Time Init
ProxyHandler
VpnDialogs
Wireless Update
YGPS
Which of these apps should I get rid of? Which one do I need? How should I get rid of them, and keep them gone?
Are there any other subs I should ask? I really need help with this.
Thanks for any feedback.

Firstly, are those really apps you've selected as suspect or just everything on the phone? Because many of them are normal, standard parts of most phones.

Why not try disabling apps. The system shouldn't let you disable anything vital, however it may not let you disable some stuff that's pure crap as well (because that is commercially useful to the provider). Stuff that is installed to the system partition cannot be removed without root, but disabling should have the same effect in practice (and the fact that you included vital system components in your list of suspect apps shows why android does not let the user remove system apps).

I've no idea what an American Assistance lifeline phone is (not American), but would not be shocked to discover that the provider included some adware to make money from a "free" phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones