• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! LOCATION REPEATEDLY ALERTS BUT TURNED OFF

Shone_Don

Lurker
Feb 5, 2015
I have a serious problem.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I noticed that my ringer keeps going off randomly. When I go to see who is calling it is just a notification of my Location and the icon appears. Its odd because I have my location turned off. I thought nothing of this until this alert goes off even when my phone is silent and on vibrate. This happens about 10 to 15 times a day. Every since this has been happening a lot of weird issues has been happening with my contacts, like for instance people being blocked through Verizon. AM I BEING HACKED?!?! Please if this persists I am leaving android forever! And I Love the Note!

I did all that. So I'm for sure that my phone is hacked. My phone has been receiving random texts regarding my location and claiming that they are the police. My ex is also receiving texts from this person. I factory reset my phone again and also encrypted my phone. I hope this settles my problem. I use my phone for business purposes and have had vital information on there. I'm sure they have it now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones