• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lose the noob tag

I have been around since the early windows phones and enjoyed everyones efforts. I have a few ideas on apps that I want to write but haven't been writing since basic in a commodore 64. After sevealnbooks the way I need to go is HTML the to phone gap. I have the pages laid out and I am about ready to go. But the prob is finding a book or help to make sure I can get code structure right. Most books tell all the new cool stuff but not the basics. I need help getting started.

Thanks in advanced,

HTML, Javascript, C++, etc is a lot different than the old days of BASIC on C-64. Yes, I cut my teeth on that platform, too. At one time there were more C-64s than all other computers combined, but then the PC got invented and it fell behind.

I'm not even sure how to tell you how to get where you want to go, since I don't know what kind of apps you have in mind. Do you just want to develop some web apps? If so I'd start off with some very simple HTML to understand how a web browser renders formatted HTML text. That's pretty simple and you could start off with HTML For Dummies or something like that. Once you take straight HTML as far as it can go, which isn't very far really, you can add some Javascript to add some pizazz to it.

There is a LOT of online help compared to the old days and Google will be your best friend when you get stuck. I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones