• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help making room on internal memory

jonny426

Lurker
Nov 9, 2012
I have a Desire S and am getting the internal memory low hassle.
Running 2.3 and have moved all apps to SD that can be.
Problem is this is still leaving me close to when the message kicks in.

I'm using Cache Cleaner+ but it hasn't made a whole lot of difference.

I used a Sandisk utility to scan the internal memory and there is only a very small amount of space allocated to apps, the rest is classed as 'other' and cannot be viewed with the app.

I would like to know is there a guide on using the likes of Astro or other 'explorers' and what/where to delete to make room other than just caches.

Thanks

Hi jonny, and welcome to AF :)

App data use the same internal storage, and even when you move the app to sd part of the app (the dalvik cache elements) and all of the app data remain in internal storage. The thing that nieltab describes is one example of this: your contacts are just app data, and if something goes wrong and you end up with many duplicates this could use a lot of space. Other apps could also be using a lot of data space.

Try looking at your apps sorted by size, and see whether any are storing large volumes of data. If so, what you can do will depend on which app.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones