Help! Mom's phone stuck on HTC One screen.Support

Last Updated:

1. sydness

sydness New Member

My mom's phone appears to be stuck booting up. Unfortunately, she has never backed up her data and has a year of photos, apps, contacts, notes, etc. that she is devastated to lose. I know...I know...I've given her quite a lecture!

Is there a way to salvage any of her data?

I've been reading the forums and noticed a lot of talk about RUU, though I admit I don't fully understand it. Her phone is not rooted or anything, so I'm not sure what our options are. She has a warranty with AT&T, so her big concern is just saving some of her data (the pictures mostly).

I'd love to be able to help her with this and any advice would be appreciated!!

2. sydness

sydness New Member

One more thing...if I connect her phone to PC in Fastboot mode, a new drive does pop up, but there are no files present. Thanks!!!
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you tried a factory reset from within hboot? It shouldn't delete anything on the virtual SD Card and might allow you back in to the OS, just so you can back stuff up at least.

Anything happen up to this point that might have put the phone into the condition it's in? Did it just stop working out of the blue?