• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help needed asap

I was running my rooted x all day , try to shut off the phone for a reboot , and now it stuck on the droid "eye" on boot up. i did use titanium backup to remove a few programs, i left restorebackup assistant on , i removed 3g wifi and a few other programs , i was able to run restore via power button and home keys. booted into safe mode entered info, then power off , same issue... any suggestions

** im back in safemode , and have access to internet and thats it

Upvote 0
To each there own...many more things are happening in this world that will have a greater impact in your life than this kid bricking his phone and trying to take it back to get a new one!!! MOTOROLA is a multi million dollar company!!! They can just write it off!!! We should be trying to help our fellow rooter instead of lecturing him about law and fraud! You have just as good of a chance of bricking your phone vs him...may not be equal chances...but if you had did...You would try to take your phone back... You for sure wouldn't tell us on here, that would be so that you could just save your self from the grief.

People will do what people will do, we are our own worst enemy! We are all gonna die anways. and when your life flashes in front of you, I hope you don't think about this kid bricking his phone...

my 2.

Upvote 0
To each there own...many more things are happening in this world that will have a greater impact in your life than this kid bricking his phone and trying to take it back to get a new one!!! MOTOROLA is a multi million dollar company!!! They can just write it off!!!

Not that I have an iron in this fire, but where do you think that they get their multi-millions from? Jesus? Godzilla? They print it themselves? It grows on trees? NO. They get it from US, the people who buy these phones. They get it from the CARRIERS, who subsidize those phones and then charge US. Do they "write it off" by asking God Almighty to take his magic finger and delete what they paid to make the phone? NO. It comes back to those of us who buy their products.

Just because we're getting screwed with the big parts of our lives doesn't mean that we can't have an opinion about the ineptitude of others, when it comes to the smaller things.

I don't really care if some geek assplodes his phone all that much, but I do care that people are so ignorant about economics, honor, and self-respect, that they think that someone is going to "write it off", or it's "free", and it doesn't affect others, because the ignorant have a way of messing with my life, no matter how much I avoid them. Why don't you advise him to go steal one, preferably from a "rich" person. They have enough money to buy a new one, right?

We should be trying to help our fellow rooter instead of lecturing him about law and fraud!
What about BOTH? Why are you setting up an either/or proposition? I'd much prefer that the phone get fixed, not only because we all learn from the process, but because nobody will then have to pay a price for the mistake.

You have just as good of a chance of bricking your phone vs him...may not be equal chances...but if you had did...You would try to take your phone back... You for sure wouldn't tell us on here, that would be so that you could just save your self from the grief.
Wrong. I don't have just as good of a chance. I actually use my noggin before I delete anything. I have a backup plan. I also examine the process of rooting, and if it requires some whack crap like jacking my SD card while standing on my head saying the alphabet backwards, like the Incredible does, I shy away from it as being unrefined and inconsistent- a high risk.

I also understand the meaning of the word "honor". Yes, I know. It's such an outdated concept. That means that if I take a risk and lose, I suffer the consequences of my action, not try to make someone else pay, pull one over on a corporation, or get the government to steal from my neighbor to make up for it. Maybe that's why I'm able to afford to buy a new phone if I'm a loser and brick my phone, because I've acted with honor in the past, and honorable or dishonorable acts tend to catch up with a person in the end.

People will do what people will do, we are our own worst enemy! We are all gonna die anways. and when your life flashes in front of you, I hope you don't think about this kid bricking his phone...
my 2.
Silly knotheads who don't know what they're doing are my worst enemy. Drunk drivers, thieves, sue-happy morons, politicians, and yes, peeps who break stuff and return it, affect all of us, because it's not just one thief, drunk driver, politician, or peep. It's millions.

We're all going to die, hopefully not from a heart attack because we deleted random things from our phone without nary a thought.

I'm NOT trashing the person who bricked his phone. That's going to happen when a process is new, and people are blazing a trail. It's the personal philosophy of victimhood, "they're rich, who cares?", "it's just a little lie", "it's not my fault", "I'm just unlucky", or "nobody will know" that irritates me. You get too many of those people, and you get the world as it is today.

You brick your phone blazing a trail, be prepared to take a hit if it goes wrong.

Reactions: schizrade
Upvote 0
You have just as good of a chance of bricking your phone vs him...may not be equal chances...but if you had did...You would try to take your phone back...

Actually, no and no. I will not be so foolish to try and gain root access to a device without first having some sort of disaster recovery in place. Only a fool attempts this. And if I did manage to brick it, NO I would not take it back. I have killed things before when I didn't know any better, but when I did, I sucked it up and moved on. I didn't try and defraud the OEM or delude myself into believing I was not at fault. You root your phone, you assume the risks, and part of that risk in this case includes a dead phone as no real disaster recovery solution exists yet.

I understand NOTHING is your fault these days, always some evil rich corporation or crooked, baby seal killing politician to blame it on, but bricking your phone by hacking it IS YOUR FAULT. Get it? VZW will know people bricked from rooting after they get the word back from Moto refurb. Why do you think they put these things in place? For fun?

Lol.

Upvote 0
Gosh, cant believe this turn out to be such a big deal.
I'm paying for verizons monthly insurance. When they told me about it they said it will cover ANYTHING. Yes, that what the sales guy said ANYTHING! If he would have said, accept for rooting than accidently deleting files that wont let the phone boot. THAN I would have not deleted any files even by accident!

But I still would have rooted! The problem was not the root. It was foolishly deleting files that really would have had no impact in performance or battery life. I messed up, so life goes on. And for the guy who says his so honest and loyal (or whatever) good for you. If your married or have children, or both, stop posting and go spend time with them. Really man, this thread is not worth their time. Unsubscribed!

Upvote 0
Gosh, cant believe this turn out to be such a big deal.
I'm paying for verizons monthly insurance. When they told me about it they said it will cover ANYTHING. Yes, that what the sales guy said ANYTHING! If he would have said, accept for rooting than accidently deleting files that wont let the phone boot. THAN I would have not deleted any files even by accident!

But I still would have rooted! The problem was not the root. It was foolishly deleting files that really would have had no impact in performance or battery life. I messed up, so life goes on. And for the guy who says his so honest and loyal (or whatever) good for you. If your married or have children, or both, stop posting and go spend time with them. Really man, this thread is not worth their time. Unsubscribed!

Thank you for your concern for our families. That's touching.

Just a bit of advice: A salesperson can say anything, but it's the contract that counts. I'm sure that you read it. Or not... ;)

On the other hand, if one doesn't honor their contracts, I guess that's a moot point.

Upvote 0
Wow, you guys are the biggest forum trolls I've seen in a while. Seriously who gives a shit?

Obviously, you.

It's not unreasonable to point out that if someone, maybe even you I gather, breaks something and makes others pay for it, outside of a contract that everyone agrees to, it's the same thing as theft.

Nice play with the troll card though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones