• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help needed with sync failure on Evo

greg0u812

Oct 1, 2010
A guy in a car forum has the following issue (I thought I would be nice and post it here to see if he can get it sorted out):

Windows 7, Office 2007, HTC EVO 4g/Froyo update

I was able to use HTC sync to sync my Outlook contacts and calendar once or twice, now it tells me it can't find the Sync on my laptop.

I've successfully sync'ed to my personal Google account, work Exchange account, and ISP mail account. All works fine.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Sync, searched multiple Droid/HTC forums (some of which are the worst I've ever seen!) and can only come up with a $40 paid app or two to replace the native Sync.

Any knowledge for fixes or insights into HTC/Sprint solutions to this?

For those who might ask, I know migrating my Outlook data to Google is a solution, but I prefer not to, so let's stick to the 'real fix'.

Thanks!

I haven't messed with sync on mine yet but thought we might be able to get some help here.
Thanks for any info.

After working fine since I bought the EVO back on launch day HTC Sync just stopped working for me. Same symptom - can't find Sync on the PC. The PC is running Windows XP SP3 and the EVO is running the latest stock OTA. HTC Sync is version 2.0.40.

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Sync on the PC and now it works. Will see how long it lasts.

Upvote 0
i Kinda figured out a way around the problem most of us are having with syncing with the Sprint Evo. It is the memory card, the 8GB SD card wont allow a sync of the phone to a computer. I used one of my 16GB HTC HD2 CS cards to see if that would work, and it did!! I was able to see my phone when connected to my computer thru the USB cable. I was friggin HAPPY!!! Try another SD card other than the one that comes with the phone and see if that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones