• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help on custom theme

aptsanju

Aug 24, 2011
Does anyone succeeded on changing any items in framework like changing status bar color with .pngs' ?

I tried with ninjamorph and it is resulted negative... Can anyone try it and change the status bar colour alone, the white status bar irritates me, i want to change it to black colour...

Many suggested me to change the .png files in the framework folder, that was also resulting negative...

Guys help me to change the theme or someone try changing it and if succeeded pls post me...

Thanks,
Sanjeev. A

Ok if we copy the framework-res.apk file to pc , open it as an archive in 7z .. there are many .png files that can be replaced with alternatives and recompiled ..

Although its kinda risky as there are reports of people not getting past their bootscreen after they did it..

If adb were working PROPERLY, id give it a go..

Upvote 0
Ok if we copy the framework-res.apk file to pc , open it as an archive in 7z .. there are many .png files that can be replaced with alternatives and recompiled ..

Although its kinda risky as there are reports of people not getting past their bootscreen after they did it..

If adb were working PROPERLY, id give it a go..

Hi,

Thanks Guys, I used super status bar and it helped to make the status bar black...

And one thing Mr.Sunil the adb works fine for me, if you could guide me i think, i can make the stock images to black...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones