• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!! phone needs factory reset to come on each time!

chidera

Lurker
Mar 2, 2011
last week, i woke up to find my htc desire saying "SD card now safe to remove". i restartred my phone but by the time it got to the home screen it began pooping up messages about how process.com.acore and everyother process had stopped working! later on i didscovad that my original 8gig had stopped showing up even on my computer with a card reader.

i found a 512 mb card lying around and loaded a custon rom to flash. from the recovery, i could access the memory card for flashing purposes but after flashing the phone still told me that the card had failed when i get to the home screen. anytime i restart thr phone after flashing the new ROM (DJ Droid 1.9) i get hte error messages about the processes not working and this makes the phone totally unusable.

i have got a temporary 2gig card now. i was surprised when it didnt give me an error for the two gig card,meaning the phone pposibly dosent accept 512mb cards. i have flashed the rom a billion times now and each time i reboot, it freeze with all those error messages.

i also discovered that if i boot into recovery by holding the volume button and do a factory reset, the phone comes on normal...but that is the only way the phone can come on mormally without a reflash! i dunno what to do! the phone is just two months old and i dont have an HTC center in my country! please help, i'am distraught. i had to join the forum for this!

No matter how long it stays, the first start up after a factory reset is always good. No other reboot work! But if I do a "hot restart" as optioner in my power menu, it starts well and good. Cod there be something that goes on after the first start up that prevents further booting? Am really distraught! Phone is two months old and I spent a lot of money in finding and purchasing it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones