• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help plz, moto droid on 2.1, cant update to 2.2

onesicktexan

Jun 28, 2010
TX
Hi, im helping my GF with her moto droid, Its been awhile since I messed with moto droid. She was getting the OTA update request on Bugless Beast rom 2.2 so i Flashed her phone to 2.1 sbf stock.

Now the problems start, I want to update to 2.2...moto's website shows 2.1 as the current OS...So i do the manual update from these forums...I finally get an update.zip that works...phone boots and shows "Firmware Version 2.1-update1". This is not 2.2 right? Nothing has changed appearance wise.

I've been reading for hours, but all the stuff im reading is from august 2010 and theres no point in posting in a thread from last year.

I just want to be on the latest OS. When I click check for updates it says im on the latest software.

Ive been a member for over a year since i got my first moto droid...I cant begin to tell you how many times you guys and this website has saved my ass...im asking once more PLEASE HELP! lol...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones