• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Required Regarding the HTC Desire!

I see from many unboxing videos that the Desire comes with a 4GB memory card. If the Desire is not compatible with memory cards, why does the Desire come with a memory card :) sounds confusing lol!

Where has this 'not compatible with memory cards' come from? I've seen it pop up a few times in peoples posts now and absolute rubbish. I swear it started from someone not understanding the apps2sd problem AT ALL of non2.2 droids and this being regurgitated by others.
Ofcourse the desire works with memory cards, you can store everything but applications on it (unless rooted until official froyo is out).

Upvote 0
Where has this 'not compatible with memory cards' come from? I've seen it pop up a few times in peoples posts now and absolute rubbish. I swear it started from someone not understanding the apps2sd problem AT ALL of non2.2 droids and this being regurgitated by others.
Ofcourse the desire works with memory cards, you can store everything but applications on it (unless rooted until official froyo is out).

Thank you for clearing this. So apps such as games can't be stored onto the memory card but pictures and stuff can be stored?

Is that right?

Upvote 0
That may be the case now, but it wasn't when i got the phone.

If you phone 3 and tell them you want to leave, they'll offer you a new deal and handset you want generally. They did that with me, but they couldn't beat t-mobiles deals at the time. So glad I went to t-mobile too, much better.

Really? I was in exactly the same boat... was with three, wanted the desire and the best deal was on tmobile (18 month, free phone and 25 a month contract) which they couldnt match.

While i love the phone, comparing t-mobile to 3 the former company is far worse than the latter. 3's customer service was excellent...if you had a question or a problem you called 333 from your phone, got through to someone almost instantly and 9/10 they gave a resolution there and then. The couple of times i had a faulty phone, they even came and picked the handset up from me and then delivered it back the NEXT day. From the 6 years or more i was with 3, they were exemperly with there service.

Tmobile? I've tried twice with there customer service number and both times couldnt figure out the options i needed to press to even speak to someone. Plus my signal is generally quite weak.

If i could have had the same deal i have now on 3, i would have stuck with them in an instant. Just my opinion though i guess

Upvote 0
Really? I was in exactly the same boat... was with three, wanted the desire and the best deal was on tmobile (18 month, free phone and 25 a month contract) which they couldnt match.

While i love the phone, comparing t-mobile to 3 the former company is far worse than the latter. 3's customer service was excellent...if you had a question or a problem you called 333 from your phone, got through to someone almost instantly and 9/10 they gave a resolution there and then. The couple of times i had a faulty phone, they even came and picked the handset up from me and then delivered it back the NEXT day. From the 6 years or more i was with 3, they were exemperly with there service.

Tmobile? I've tried twice with there customer service number and both times couldnt figure out the options i needed to press to even speak to someone. Plus my signal is generally quite weak.

If i could have had the same deal i have now on 3, i would have stuck with them in an instant. Just my opinion though i guess

See my experience is exactly the other way around. If i phoned 3 i'd wait for ages to get someone, infact when I was trying to leave it took 4 days of phoning up abnd waiting to finally get through to someone. Then when i did they were in India and couldn't really understand what i wanted, they also tried to offer me a HTC hero instead of the Desire (even though i already had a hero with them..... ) on a worse contract than the one i currently had with them, let alone the one with t-mobile.

Then there's signal, god it was awful on 3. If i went anywhere near the coast i couldn't get signal. Anywhere at uni i couldn't get signal. On motorways? Struggled for signal there too!

Where-as with T-mobile i pay half as much, have more from my contract, get the

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones