• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Smudged, Pixelated, And Missing Album Art On Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0

alyd

Lurker
Apr 25, 2012
Hello. I have just recently revived a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 and am having some problems. I placed some music on the player through a micro SD card and was having some issues with some of the album art. Some of the album art was missing while others were very very smudged and pixelated. However about half of the album art was working just fine. I had these songs on my Sansa Fuse before and there was never a problem. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work here is what I have tried:

*Placing the songs directly on the player

*Making the album art 300 x 300

*Using MediaMonkey to put the album art onto the mp3 files (then trying to place it on my player)

*Naming the album art: cover.jpg

*Clearing The SD card and placing the songs back onto the DS card

I have also tried comparing the differences between songs and there is nothing apparent if you have any idea how to fix this it would really really help. Also the player runs Gingerbread 2.3.5. I would also like to stay away from using apps and just use the original player thanks!

I have a different but similar problem on my 5.0. The album art is all mixed up. Most of my mp3's have Steve Winwood for album art. A lot of them are ZZ Top, then Queensryche.
There is no rhyme or reason. For example, one Aerosmith album with a dozen mp3's have 2 or 3 different album arts at random.
Kind of weird but I've learned to accept it.
I would like to just turn off album art if I could and maybe display dancing bars like windows does. Anyone seen this or have a solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones