• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International Tegra 3] Help.... Stuck in boot following restore from CWM

Hi all, thought I'd give you all a laugh...

I've run rooted devices before, but had kept my One X stock, until I decided I fancied a change over the weekend. Famous last words.

I'm no expert, but can generally follow instuctions.... I followed a video on onexroot.com (and used provided tools), and unlocked bootloader, rooted, backed up, and installed a custom rom (PacBAM), as well as flashing boot image just to make sure it all worked.
Initially I had a problem as I'd not realised I needed to flash boot.img, but I restored and started again, and all worked well.

My problem is this - I then decided after a few hours I didn't like PacBAM, so decided to restore my back up from recovery and start again. Basically, I've restored and everything seemed to behave properly, but now it's stuck in boot and nothing I do seems to work.

As I say, I'm no expert, but could anyone point me in the right direction please. I've tried and read various things and thought it might be something to do with the boot.img, but I'm not sure how to resolve it? :crying:

The tools I used to root are here. How to Root HTC One X! | OneXRoot.com

Graham.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones