• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with half root

today i saw that there was an ota update and it seemed ok and i wanted it. i was running fission 1.1 rom. i thought that an acceptable thing to do would be do a nandroid recovery back to just rooted device and update and that worked well. problem is i lost root, which i expected, and now when i try to use the one click root method it successfully completes all tasks and even states "your device is rooted." however i cannot give any permissions to anything and in terminal emulator if i type su it says permission denied. i am kind of a noob but i am sure that means no root. so any ideas?

btw when i try and use the unroot option it says i do not have superuser even though i do have it on the phone, but it is the old one from my previous setup with fission. thanks for reading my rambling and for any help.

Download Superuser from the market and see if that fixes the problem.
tried that and it keeps saying failed to until. and now i tried to use rsdlite to use the 2.3.2 sbf and that failed. it didn't make it any worse but not im still in the same position. anyone with any ideas of whether the fact that every time i boot up my phone it still restarts right to bootstrap every time even though i do not even have it installed?

Upvote 0
tried that and it keeps saying failed to until. and now i tried to use rsdlite to use the 2.3.2 sbf and that failed. it didn't make it any worse but not im still in the same position. anyone with any ideas of whether the fact that every time i boot up my phone it still restarts right to bootstrap every time even though i do not even have it installed?

Does the phone boot properly at all?
If not, sorry, but it may be bricked if the sbf failed.

Upvote 0
And what do you mean "failed to until" on your Market error?

Maybe DL superuser from xda forums as just an .apk??

Sorry it was supposed to be installed not until...damn swype haha. I solved my problem but it wasn't easy or documented anywhere. Basically I would try turning it on holding down different keys installing weird drivers for whatever the computer saw it as and eventually some combo got me into the stock bootloader and I flashed the partial 2.3.x from there really crazy. After that one click root worked like a charm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones