• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Hangouts

Hello all, what I'm trying to have happen, is to have Tasker play a notification when a message is sent thru Hangouts. I work in spotty areas alot and my messages dont always go thru. So i would like to be notified when and if they do. I have tried "SMS Success", but it doesnt seem to work. I'm not sure if it's a limitation of Hangouts or not. "Received Text" in Hangouts works just fine when i receive a text ....thanks

Hello all, what I'm trying to have happen, is to have Tasker play a notification when a message is sent thru Hangouts. I work in spotty areas alot and my messages dont always go thru. So i would like to be notified when and if they do. I have tried "SMS Success", but it doesnt seem to work. I'm not sure if it's a limitation of Hangouts or not. "Received Text" in Hangouts works just fine when i receive a text ....thanks
Disregard.....after a lot of searching, I found this, and it works perfectly if anyone is interested... http://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/2edhn8/handy_plugin_for_determining_if_an_sms_was_sent/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones